Hark Milestone: One Billion Listens
You Know What’s Cool?
The number is so big it is hard to think about ever seeing anything quite so large, let alone our company achieving something THAT BIG.
Since launching at the end of 2008, we have achieved ONE BILLION LISTENS. Amazing. Hopefully along the way we’ve been able to bring you the most touching, funny, meaningful and exciting content the Interwebs have to offer, a thousand mile journey that we are but a few steps into completing. I could not be more proud of our team and the community of people who came together to make this happen. I think it goes without saying (though I will say it anyway), but we could not have done it without each and every one of you. THANK YOU.
Here are just a few of the interesting stats from our journey:
- Our Growth Rate from 1M to 1B – 23% per month
- Growth of world population during that same time – 0.07% per month (http://www.medindia.net/
- Growth of the US debt during the same time – 1% per month (http://www.treasurydirect.
- Number of people who listened – 324,803,811
- Equivalent country size – United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
- Most popular non English speaking country – China
- Number of listens per second – 11.74 listens per second
- Average length of a sound bite – 7.31s
- Total amount of hours spent listening – 2,030,555 hours
- Total number of years spent listening – 231.8 years
- Age of the United States – 235.3 years
- Number of viewings of Full Metal Jacket equivalent – 1.05 million (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
- Most popular event – 2011 Super Bowl (http://www.hark.com/
- Most popular quote on that day – Go Pack Go (http://www.hark.com/clips/
- Longest quote – Barack Obama Health Care Speech (http://www.hark.com/clips/
- Most Popular Short Quote (~2 seconds or less) – Epic Fail (http://www.hark.com/clips/
- First Quote – Deep Crow (http://www.hark.com/clips/
- 1 Billionth Quote – Expelliarmus! (http://www.hark.com/clips/
With that out of the way, on to our next billion!
David Aronchick, CEO